“I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2 v 20)
God had commanded Aaron (Leviticus 16 v 11-15) to come into the tabernacle on the Day of Atonement, and only entering the Holiest of Holies chamber once a year. Aaron had to also enter with the blood of the sacrifice, the golden censor and his hands full of sweet incense. Aaron went in with the blood of the bullock and goat, which he sprinkled seven times on the mercy seat. This was also fulfilled at Calvary, when the blood of Jesus Christ was shed seven times for you and me:-
1. The blood was first shed in Gethsemane from his forehead (Luke 22 v 44).
2. Blood was shed as they placed the thorns upon his head (John 19 v 2).
3. Blood was shed as the soldiers smote his face (Matthew 26 v 67).
4. Blood was shed as his back was scourged (Matthew 27 v 26).
5. Blood was shed as the soldiers nailed Jesus hands to the cross (Matthew 27 v 35).
6. His blood was shed as they nailed his feet to the cross (Luke 24 v 39-40).
7. Blood was shed as his side was pierced (John 19 v 34).